Moving to Finland

Need help moving to Finland from Los Angeles? International travel is an involved process. That’s before you even begin involvement with the Finnish immigration service and customs.

Wouldn’t you rather make this process easier? Do you really know what it’s like to live in Finland? Let us tell you a little bit about staying in Finland, and how Aragon Movers will simplify your moving process.

man skiing at sunset after moving to finland

Moving to Finland? Consider This

There’s a laundry list of details that describe how great Finland and the Finnish people are. The cost of living is slightly higher on average than the United States. However, there are a lot of advantages to living there as well.

Great Education

Education at all levels is free. The quality of the teaching is no joke either. The Finnish people value instructors, making teaching a viable field of work in Finland. They’re generally paid and supported better than educators in the U.S.

Green Transport

Public transportation is reliable and the safest means of travel. Trains and buses run just about everywhere you need to go in Finland.

You’ll Need a Residence Permit to Stay

For long-term and permanent migrants, you’ll need to apply for a residence permit. For most employment opportunities, you’ll need a residence permit before you can obtain a work permit. You’ll have an easier time being hired abroad and brought in than starting with nothing.

Even though many residents speak English, you’ll have a much better chance at getting hired if you take the time to study Finnish. The ability to speak multiple languages is always a highly valued skill.

Customs Information You Need to Know

Finnish immigration rules are less intense than some other European countries. Thanks to Aragon Movers and its network with the International Association of Movers, we’ve compiled a list of need-to-know information.

Required Documents

· Copy of Passport

· Import Declaration (Swedish, Finnish, or English)

· Detailed Inventory in English, Swedish, or Finnish (must include exact number and description of item)

Specific Information

· For shipments originating outside of the European Union (EU), household goods and personal effects can be imported free of duty if:

· The goods have been used by the owner of the goods or the owner of the goods’ family abroad for at least 6 months.

· The owner of the goods has lived in a primary residence abroad for at least 12 months.

· The owner of the goods must have a primary residence in Finland to begin the Customs clearance process.

· Personal property imported from the EU is admitted free of Customs duty, tax, and other restrictions, except prohibitions referred to Article 36 of the Treaty of Rome.

· Diplomats may import household goods and personal effects duty free provided a detailed inventory has been completed and an obligation for privilege granted by the Foreign Ministry.

Moving to Finland with Aragon Movers LA

Enlist the help of professionals who know how to handle international moves. Our network services hundreds of countries throughout the world every day. We know how to efficiently get everything in your home to the appropriate shipping freighter and on to its destination. We’ll work with our agents to make sure all paperwork and customs policies are followed, so that you have no issues along the way.

Don’t handle the stress yourself. Call Aragon Movers today at (818)-493-1147 to get your free in-home moving estimate!